Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Potential assistance from the Australian government

The Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) administers a program of small grants known as the Direct Aid Program (DAP) that offers grants, typically between $3000 and $10,000 to individuals, community groups and NGOs engaged in development activities, in designated countries, on a not-for-profit basis.

I have heard, informally, from people within the Australian embassy that Istoria Timor is exactly the sort of thing that they look for to fund. As I have said before, my preference is that we can find an organisation with a local office to take over the project from now. While I will not apply for the DAP grant myself, I am certainly happy to help, say, a local NGO apply for funds to take this project to completion.

If anyone is interested, the project is ready to go and there's money out there for it.

No comments: